over 4 years ago
There are two weeks left to submit your Alexa kid skill. Submissions are due January 10 before 5pm ET. (Find out what time that is in your city.) We encourage you to finish up your project and submit it for certification in the U.S. Alexa Skills Store before the deadline. That way, if your skill does not pass certification, you'll still have some time to fix the issue. Skills must pass certification by January 17, 5pm ET in order to be eligible.
If you haven't started a submission yet, please do so now. (We’ll walk you through our submission form process if you need help.) And if you've just recently joined the challenge, explore the quick-start guide and browse the Resources page.
Before the deadline passes, make sure you run through this list:
- Are you submitting a functioning Alexa skill that educates, entertains, and/or engages children under the age of 13? (You can test it with EchoSim.)
- Have you created a submission video? Does your video meet the extra competition guidelines? Does your video clearly demonstrate how your app works? Is it no more than five minutes long? (See our video-making best practices.)
- Have you submitted your skill to the Alexa Skills Store for certification? (Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do that.)
Be sure to read through the official rules more than once. Or better yet, have a friend or colleague provide a second pair of eyes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
- Rules for submission videos featuring kids.
- COPPA rules for kid skills.
- Skills must be submitted for certification no later than 5pm ET on January 10 and must pass certification no later than 5pm ET on January 17.