•   over 1 year ago

Unable to find my Alexa Skill in the marketplace. I dont see a Kids section in the Skill Catalogue either. Are the kids skills not published in Amazon Marketplace yet?

Hi I am not able to find the skill which got certified in the Amazon market place. Has Amazon not put the Kids skills in its market place yet ?

• 15 comments

I have this issue too?

•   •   over 1 year ago

When did you pass the certification ? Our skill received the certification confirmation yesterday and it said "Congratulations! Your skill has passed our certification process and will be published to the US skill store shortly." Shortly is pretty vague..But today I can see it in the USA skills repository.

•   •   over 1 year ago

Mine passed certification Tuesday 9th Jan.

•   •   over 1 year ago

And did you change your Alexa-enabled device to USA ? Otherwise I don't think you'll be able to access skills from the USA repository. (As discussed elsewhere on this Discussion board, skill for kids under 13 are currently published only in the USA repository)
    If not, go to https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards -> settings -> select your device -> change location & language.

•   •   over 1 year ago

My skill got certified on 11th Jan. And yes I did change my device to US Region. But that does not matter. The thing is that I posted the skill in US region, so I should be able to see it in Alexa Skill marketplace, irrespective of what region is enabled in my Alexa Device.

•   •   over 1 year ago

@digitalsynergyio: Homework Heroes does appear in the search results in my Alexa app.
    @Uttkarshni Sharma: June's Vocab and Quiz appears too.

•   •   over 1 year ago

Ok thanks - I think it's because I'm in the UK.

•   •   over 1 year ago

I don't think that's the reason. I'm in Romania...

• Moderator   •   over 1 year ago

Hey Everyone,

Looks like the skills don't appear right away, but it shouldn't take long. Here's a help page on checking the status: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/custom-skills/submit-an-alexa-skill-for-certification.html#publication-status

That entire page has more info on certification so take a look.

Stefanie

Hi!

Our skill is not visible, on the web https://www.amazon.com/s?rh=n%3A13727921011%2Cn%3A!13727922011%2Cn%3A14284832011

Thanks

•   •   over 1 year ago

It might have something to do with where you connect from. I am in the UK and do not see my skill when I search on amazon.com. However a friend of mine in the US can see it without a problem and when he sent the link to me I can also open it (https://www.amazon.com/Pawel-Matusz-My-Fluffy-Friend/dp/B078X251SS/) - although I still cannot find it through the search.

So it seems as if it's the search from outside US that seems to not show (some or all?) of the kids skills. I have some other non-kids skills live in the US and I can find them through the search.

• Moderator   •   over 1 year ago

It could have something to do with the location or possibly the name you use to search? I know a lot of people named their submissions on Devpost slightly different than how they answered the "Alexa skill name" question on the submission form. I search by the skill name.

Might be worth a try if you haven't seen yours yet and you know it's live.

Best,
    Stefanie

•   •   over 1 year ago

Thanks, we can see it now as well!

Comments are closed.