almost 2 years ago
Thanks for joining the Alexa Skills Challenge: Kids! You're officially registered now, and we’ll be sending you regular updates throughout the competition.
Here’s how to prepare yourself to build an Alexa skill for kids. Remember: Submissions are due January 10, 2018, at 5pm ET.
- Sign up for an Amazon Developer account. If you don’t have an Amazon Developer account yet, sign up for one (it’s free!). While you’re at the Amazon Developer portal, review the documentation for building with the Alexa Skills Kit.
- Review the kid skill rules. There are special considerations for developing kid skills. Thoroughly review the FAQ for creating kid skills for Alexa and read the competition rules to ensure your submission complies. Please note that your skill must pass certification in the Alexa Skill Store before January 17, 2018, 5pm ET in order to be eligible.
- Bookmark EchoSim. You don’t have to have an Echo to participate! After you build your skill, you can test it with the EchoSim Alexa Skill Testing Tool, a free browser-based tool that behaves like a real Echo.
- Get a head start on your submission. Fill out the basic fields on the application form and familiarize yourself with the submission requirements. This will give you a good idea of what you'll need to put together. Remember: you can edit your submission as many times as you like before the deadline.
- Optional (but recommended): Form a team. Thinking about buddying up? Visit the participants page to find and meet teammates. You can see who else is looking for a teammate, check out what’s in their portfolio, and send them a message to connect. Consider signing up for the competition Slack channel, too, where you can also meet and chat with other hackers.
We’re looking forward to seeing your Alexa kid skill. Good luck!
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.